Time to give your home’s exterior a facelift? Here are the upgrades that give you the best return on investment according to Remodeling Magazine.
Garage Door Clean-Up or Replacement | 93% ROI
Garage doors take up a lot a real estate on your home’s exterior. Therefore, improvements made here tend to make a big impact. Consider these quick fixes:
- Power wash mold and dirt off garage doors
- Eliminate weeds, vines growing in front of or around the garage doors
- Replace exterior garage door lights
And, if your doors are dented, old, or broken, consider replacing them. You’ll all-but get your money back when you sell.
Stone Veneer Accents | 91.4%
Modern, luxurious, and sturdy, stone accents tend to resonate with buyers when it’s time to sell, making them a solid upgrade. Here’s where stone veneer is typically applied:
- Front door entranceway
- Around the garage
- Upper story gables or jetties
- Entire front façade
Clean or Replace Your Siding | 68% ROI
Siding protects your home and owns a lot of its aesthetic real estate. Pressure washing it twice a year will keep your home looking fresh and new.
There are, however, some things water can’t fix. Think about replacing your siding if:
- Power washing no longer cleans the siding
- Siding is dented or falling off
- Siding is an out of date or faded color
- Siding matches your neighbors house or other homes on your block
Replace Windows | 67% ROI
New windows offer form and function: they look great and often make your home more energy efficient (which can save you money). Consider these tips when shopping for new windows:
- Built in grids
- Ease of cleaning and low maintenance
- Efficiency ratings
- Impact resistance
- Overall aesthetics
It goes without saying that replacing your home’s windows is not cheap. Get your windows evaluated by an expert to make sure this upgrade is worthwhile.
Entranceway Update | 60% ROI
A warm and inviting entranceway sets the tone for your home, which is why upgrades here tend to pay off. Here are some quick, high-return wins:
- Replace the front door, doorbell, and lighting
- Add stone veneer to columns
- Build a gable roof over the front door
- Add a porch
- Create or replace the walkway with stone and add lighting
- Add tidy planting beds, manicured shrubs or potted plants
Add a Deck | 64% ROI
Adding a deck to your exterior adds another level of enjoyment to your home and is a huge draw for potential buyers. Think about these tips when planning for your deck:
- Wood decks bring a slightly higher ROI than composite
- Match your home’s design and aesthetics
- Plan for built-in benches, storage and planters
- Make multiple ways to step out to the yard
- Add built-in lighting along stairs and banisters
- Consider an awning, pergola, or roof for your deck
- Create a privacy screen with wood or vegetation
Replace the Roof | 59% ROI
A new roof is not a small investment, but worthwhile if it’s old, leaking, or otherwise in poor condition.
And because the cost is significant, buyers love a newer roof they won’t have to replace. You can expect to recoup 59% of your costs when you sell; you’ll likely recoup more in terms of energy efficiency and water damage mitigations.
Need help with exterior repairs and renovations? Contact us today for a free estimate.